> In association with BENIGN FILMS... Blowing Back: Film Trailer: PDA and the City

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Film Trailer: PDA and the City

Released in 2002, directed and co-written by Peter Sollett, Raising Victor Vargas is about more than an LES teen and his efforts to establish a playboy reputation. I thought the raw acting was the film's best quality. The story was as interesting as it was believable.
While watching the film, at times, I was reminded of the extraordinary amounts of PDA that I've seen in NYC, particularly while riding on public transportation. Me, being a Chicagoan find it somewhat foreign to see adults holding hands and kissing everywhere I turn. Raising Victor provided some insight. Population density fosters fierce competition. I can imagine that going so hard against the odds and getting the girl might incite a certain degree of pride. Still, don't look to catch me slipping the tongue on the CTA. Never.

No comments:

Post a Comment